When the Dark Iron (US) server was launched in 2005, Scott Kurtz of PvP decided to start a horde guild to spar with the alliance guilds Penny Arcade were forming there. The guild Scott started was called <Panda Attack>. <Panda Attack> was an enormous guild in the early days, and is still going strong today. This was the heyday of vanilla wow, before BWL was even open. Back then, BRS was a raid instance!!
We levelled to 60 and geared up as quickly as we could so we could raid MC! A decision was made to split off a raiding arm of <Panda Attack>, and <Djörk> was born! Since then, both <Panda Attack> and <Djörk> have gone on to abundant raiding success. <Panda Attack> was the first level 25 guild on our server! Congratulations to them!
When the decision to split from <Panda Attack> was undertaken, the name <Djörk> was chosen for the new guild as an homage to the fictitious band name Djörk that Francis invented. <Djörk> is pronounced /djyork/.
What does this mean?
<Djörk> takes performance in raids very seriously. We expect raiders to be knowledgable about their class’ capabilities and limitations. We expect players to maximize their potential by having the right enchants, gems and gear for their role. We do not tolerate consistent underperforming from raiders.
The “casual” in casual raiding refers to the schedule we keep. <Djörk> members have lives outside of World of Warcraft. We typically raid for three hours a night, four nights a week. We've been doing this for years, and we still downed everything in MC, BWL, SSC, BT, Naxxramas, Ulduar, ToC, ICC, BoT, BWD. What we will not do is grind raids incessantly, demanding too much playtime from our raiders. Will we be the first guild on the server to down new bosses? Unlikely. Will we down them on our own schedule while having fun doing it? Hell Yes!
Yes, <Djörk> only accepts new members who are eighteen years old or older. Much of our membership is well over thirty years old.
We raid from 8PM to 11PM Eastern Standard Time on Tuesday, Thursday, Sunday and Monday. We like to keep the other days of the week free so that people can have time off.
Downing raid bosses is our raison d’être. That doesn’t mean we don’t PvP, it’s just not a major focus of our guild. We have many rabid PvPers in <Djörk>. Again, it’s simply a matter of priority. If your focus is PvP, we’re probably not the guild for you. If your focus is PvE and you like some PvP on the side, hop on board!
Fill out our application form. We will review your application and contact you with our decision as soon as possible. If you already have a character on the Dark Iron (US) server, we will respond to your application in in-game mail. If you don’t have a character on the Dark Iron server, make sure to include an email address with your application so we can contact you that way.
We have a liberal alt policy. Players are allowed to have all their alts in-guild, and we have a special alt rank for these characters.
We have a Kinfolk rank especially for nonraiding friends and loved ones. We understand that you’d like to be in the same guild as your spouse and friends. We will hold them to the same standard we hold our raiders. Abusive language and actions are not tolerated by anyone in <Djörk>. We expect our raiders to treat each other and the WoW population at large with respect and dignity. Anyone who wears the <Djörk> tag over their head, including Kinfolk, will be expected to adhere to this ideal.
- Patch 5.3: Known issue with pet licenses
- Patch 5.3 Official Patch Notes
- WoW Moviewatch: The Adventures of Tinkerbottom Part 9
- The top five things you need to know about patch 5.3
- Know Your Lore: Gul'dan, Doomhammer, and the nature of the Horde
- Lichborne: Final notes on patch 5.3 and a legendary shortcut
- Totem Talk: Restoration and the Throne of Thunder, Part 4
- The Queue: No sleep till Orgrimmar
- Around Azeroth: Close encounters of the blurry kind
- Last Week in WoW: Flying toward patch 5.3 edition
- Wowhead's Patch 5.3 Guide
- Patch 5.3: PvP Changes, Additions, Cosmetic Rewards
- Patch 5.3 is May 21st
- 5.3 PTR: Hidden Brawler's Guild Items, Tom Chilton Interview
- News Round Up: The Elusive Unborn Val'kyr, PvP Changes in 5.3, Build 16958
- 5.3 PTR Patch Notes (Updated May 14th), Build 16954
- 5.3 PTR Patch Notes: Updated May 14th
- Comment to Win a Cinder Kitten Pet
- 5.3 PTR: Build 16946 -- Spell Changes and More
- News Roundup: Valor Points, Professions in MoP, Player Feedback
WowInterface Pick of the Week
- NewQuestFrame (0.9h)
- Ion (Hydrogen-6 Beta)
- Ion: Menu Bar (Hydrogen-4 Beta)
- Ion: Bag Bar (Hydrogen-3 Beta)
- Ion: Pet Bar (Hydrogen-3 Beta)
- Ion: Status Bars (Hydrogen-3 Beta)
- Masque: Trinity (Centauri-3)
- Vendorizer (Yen-2)
- Insight (9 (WoW 5.3))
- pNameplates (2.2.3)
- LevelFlight (50300.1)
- Wintergrasper Advanced (w/Tol'Barad) (3.20)
- ResetEcho (50300.1)
- QuestProgressTooltips (50300.1)
- Geist (50300.1)